Kip, Angie, Noah and Lily

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Memories of Hogan's journey.....




Angie is ready to have this beautiful baby boy Hogan!


Hogan Sayer Dominy (God's Little Warrior!)


Good Memories!


Hello World!


Thankful!


Hogan's eyes that could light up the city!


Hogan was a fighter!


"Our Angel"


A very interested older brother (Noah) and little sister (Lily)


Happy to see Baby Hogan!


Wow! Baby Hogan is here!!


Thank you God for this memory!


Lily wanted to check out her little brother!
A proud mom with her miracle baby!


What is faith? It is the confident assurance that we hope for is going to happen. It is the evidence of things we cannot yet see. God gave his approval to people in days of old because of their faith.

By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God's command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen. Hebrews 11:1-3


Dear Hogan,


I sure do miss you!

Hogan, you were an amazing little baby. God had a plan for you during your short life and I know that you are now in a much better place. You are in a place that we all want to be some day! I know that as I have mentioned to you before... Heaven has a new face now than it did a few weeks ago. I have got to see you again. I don't want to miss out on today or wish time away but I am not going to be upset one day when God's plan calls me home.

I wanted to thank all of your friends for all the kind messages, the many prayers for our family, and the continued prayers and thoughts. We can't thank your friends enough for their kindness. I have started about 8 different letters but haven't posted any of them until tonight. This letter is "new" and different from the others. I think I am going to write you letters periodically and let you know what is going on with our family. I will also update you on how God is continuing to work through your 3 pound body. Although you have gone to be with Jesus in Heaven you will never be forgotten!

Hogan, everyone that has stumbled onto this blog has done so for a reason. God has used your little life for His glory. God used you to change our family in a good way. Yes, it ripped my heart out and it continues to hurt because I miss you so much but I know deep down that everyone will have the same fate one day.

I have been thinking back on our journey together. It is clear to me that God is a good God. He is a loving God. I believe that the closer I am to God that the more I saw Him working in your life. Isn't is neat how that always happens! The closer our walk with Jesus by our side the more we see "Him" at work!?

I was so happy that so many of your friends showed up at your visitation and your funeral. The visitation was very nice. You had a long line of people that were all telling us about their life being better because of you! Although it was nothing like being in the NICU with you, your little body looked great that night. You were dressed up like the best looking little baby warrior I have ever seen. Your mother picked out a beautiful casket and we had "dog" and your car beside you. The only good thing about your little body being there was being able to admire your little face without all of your tubes. Hogan, you looked great.


Your mother and I also were thankful for your friends that came to celebrate your life at the funeral last Wednesday. The weather couldn't have been any better. It was one of the toughest days since saying good bye to you on Sunday morning but your mother and I made it through the day. I believe that we both were so exhausted because of lack of sleep and the emotional roller coaster that we have been riding with you the past couple of weeks. I was thankful that I was able to pull a video together that I titled "Hogan's Journey" to be played at your service. It was something that I wanted to do in your honor. Hogan, you might have only lived 16 days but the time you spent on this earth will be remembered forever. You brought people together to pray that didn't normally pray. God allowed you to help people grow closer as a family. God also used you to help kids that are only a few years older than you pray and learn about your condition. Hogan, I am so thankful for your life.


I can't wait for you all of your friends to meet you again one day but until that day comes I think we should try and focus on the lessons that God showed us through your time on this earth. Your were a warrior that never took a day for granted. You woke up enjoying that day and focusing on enjoying the simple things. Your heart was too big for your little body so eventually it cost you your life. You had a huge heart that was full of love. I believe I need to focus on my heart too. I don't think your mission here was to tell us to eat right either. Although that is important, your heart was the issue from the beginning. I believe as a Christian that our heart should always be the focus. It's not about what people see on the outside. It's all about what is on the inside that counts. I believe that you were used by God to show many important "life lessons" like this! I hear things every day that make me think about you Hogan. I will never forget going to a local Kroger the morning after you went to be with Jesus. I said hello to the cashier as he slowly slid my items across his scanner. I asked him how he was doing and in a very depressing tone he said "I'm alive". Hogan, it was all I could do not to "go off" on him. I just smiled at him and said "it could be worse". I believe that most of us can say that about our life situations. I know we, as a family, went through a very difficult time with you over the past few months but it could have been worse.


Hogan, I am so happy that you are with Jesus. Yes, I want you here with me and it makes me sick to think about not holding you or seeing your little eyes looking at me but it could have been worse. I thank God that you weren't 18 and a non believer and died. That would have been much worse. We have been blessed with three beautiful children. You are with Jesus. Now, we have to pray that Noah and Lily will be there one day too. We are going to enjoy every day with them just like we enjoyed the days with you Hogan. We will do that in honor of your life. I know we would have tried to do this before we were blessed with your life but I have no doubt that enjoying Noah and Lily are even more of a priority now. Thank you for opening my eyes to see things more clearly.

There are many things that are "ironic" or things that make me think our God has an amazing sense of humor. I was sitting in a hotel room in Scottsdale, AZ on a business trip last November. I had finished my meetings early on Thursday was very bored. I couldn't get an early flight back to Atlanta so I just hung out in Scottsdale that afternoon. I remember just thinking to myself and praying... asking God to give meaning to my life.... I asked God to show me if I had any talents and for any talent to be used for his glory. I had never had a feeling that God used me for good. I am a financial advisor, not a "full time" minister. (that is another letter later Hogan!) All of this took place at a neat little hotel called the "Hotel Indigo". I will fast forward this story a few months. We have just planned the visitation and the funeral. My mother asked if she could help us find a place for the family and friends from out of town to gather to have lunch after your service. She talked to our office and they discussed different places. I was told later that they found a place that would host the lunch. That location was the "Hotel Indigo" in downtown Athens, Georgia. I had never been there before. I think this is a little ironic. The place where I cried out to God in Arizona, before we found out about Hogan's condition, was the same hotel that we had our lunch here in Athens after the funeral and graveside. I mention all of this because I feel it is ironic because I prayed that God would would show me any talent that could be used to glorify him. He did something much greater than any talent I might have been blessed. He blessed me by letting me sit beside a little warrior named Hogan Sayer Dominy. He blessed me by allowing the opportunity to watch Hogan help change lives in many people that have never met our family. If you have been blessed with children then you know the feeling when your child does anything that makes you smile. Hogan, you made me smile many times. I love looking at your pictures and watching your videos. God allowed me to be by Hogan's side on this journey. He also allowed many others to join the journey. God is so good.

One last thing...I also wanted you to know that many of your friends have donated funds for the "Hogan's Hero's" children's area for the library at Prince Avenue Christian School! It was a great idea by a friend of yours. Hopefully your older brother and sister will be able to enjoy reading with classmates there in a few years. It will also be something that will last forever! I pray that God will continue to use your story and your life. Hogan you beat the odds. You fought like there was no tomorrow. I pray that I live my life as passionate as you. I thank God for your life. I also thank God for every breath.

I will always love you!














10 comments:

  1. Kip,
    So glad you will continue your letters. They are so special! We love y'all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once again your letters tear me up! In a good way :) Your faith and courage are inspiring. It is amazing the lens you have chosen to see your situation through and that is such a testimony to so many around you. You could be bitter and could look through many different lens but you chose to look through the lens that let God be glorified through you and that is so inspiring! Thank you for letting us walk through your journey "with" you.

    Kip, your mom had such an amazing influence on so many of us, especially me, and I know that God can use you in the lives of many just as he has your mom. These letters are precious and yours and Angie's faith during this time is such an inspiration!

    God has taught me much about living for Today and not sweating the small stuff through Hogan's journey!!

    I can't wait to meet him one day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kip,

    Thanks so much for continuing to share your journey. I have enjoyed reading your posts. You put everything in such a great perspective. I can't wait to meet little Hogan one day too!

    Carla Ott

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Kip and Angie! You two are amazing!! I now hold on to Millie and Brooks a little bit tighter. Each day is truly a "gift". Thank you for helping me appreciate the small things every day!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. YOur blog here is such a blessing and your faith in the Lord is inspiring. Hogan in his short time here touched more many than many do in their whole entire lives. We are still praying for you and your family and I can't wait to meet HOgan one day in Heaven also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have never met. I am a nurse who worked with Candace at her previous job. We did see a couple of families go through your same journey before. I found your blog from her facebook page. I have really enjoyed reading your blog and seeing how our Lord used your "little warrior" to help so many people. I am so sorry for your loss. I really enjoy your family pics of Noah and Lily with you guys and Hogan. I continue to check your blog daily waiting for an update since Hogan's passing. I was happy to read in this last post you will continue to update us who have "met" your family through this blog. I look forward to seeing how Hogan and God continue to work miracles down here!
    God Bless,
    Crystal Ledwith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing this with us. I confess I have been watching for a new letter. You, Angie, and the kids (Hogan most definitely included) are on my mind daily and in my prayers. Take care of each other! Love, Abbie Holbrook

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for continueing Hogan's journey. We have wondered how things were going for you all. You continue to be in our thoughts & prayers. God bless your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kip, The journey that you and Angie as well as your entire family have been on has touched so many lives and lives will be touched for many years to come. Hogan truly showed us a glimpse of God and His love, and you all have shown us faith that can indeed move mountains. We love you all and will continue to keep you in our prayers.
    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kip,
    Your letters are so wonderful. Although I realize they are so very painful, every word is amazing and I believe God speaking through you. There is not a day that I do not think of your sweet son and the emotions your family is going through. I pray that God brings peace to your heart and that your letters continue to come and touch the lives of all people across the world.
    Andrea in Dacula

    ReplyDelete