Kip, Angie, Noah and Lily

Friday, April 16, 2010

Hogan, the warrior with the big Heart!

Angie and I have really enjoyed holding Hogan today.
Nurse Lisa loves Hogan and Hogan loves Nurse Lisa!
Big Brother Noah stopped by to say hello to Hogan!
Noah wanted to kiss Hogan, tell him that he loved him and he gave him a blue race car!!!
Happy 2 week Birthday Hogan!!

Hogan, my hero


Dear Friends,

I wanted you all to know that Hogan is having a really tough time. He is in no pain and has an amazing peaceful look about him that only God can give. He is alive and in no pain right now. I have eluded to his heart being big so many times in my past blogs and it looks like the little man just has too big of a heart. I know you can tell by the way he has lived his life and has loved so many. His eyes have been so peaceful since day 1.

We are enjoying today just like the other days with him. We have thrown the isolette out as the official "holder" today and have been soaking up ever moment that we have been able! We are so blessed with so many friends and followers of Hogan and we appreciate you being on this journey with him. The journey has been a long one but has been filled with blessings that I can't count. We have Romans 8:28 on Hogan's white board here in the NICU at St. Mary's today and it is so true. Although it rips my heart out to see my son like this, it is also a blessing to have been able to be with him on this journey and to be able to be with him today. I wish I could trade places with him. I don't understand some things but am trusting God and focusing on the "point' which is Him. I pray that we do this every day. Hogan is alive today and I don't want to give up hope but I want what is best for Hogan and not me. My hope and prayer that we would have a live birth was a miracle. Every day of life is a miracle. The human body is a miracle. God has taught me so much by using this little warrior! He has fought and won many battles. He has brought Glory to God's kingdom. He has changed our family for the better forever. He has made so many people proud and gave so many people inspiration. I am so thankful to God for him. Angie and I aren't leaving his side for the rest of this journey.

Angie is holding Hogan right now and I have to get back to my time with him!!!! I have many more kisses to give him tonight. I will look forward to writing the little guy a letter later tonight! God Bless all of you and thank you for your prayers!! I wanted to send this "update" out to you so that you would know what was going on with Hogan today. I can't tell you how thankful we are for the love and support that you have given us. I have gotten so many notes from you which has been so uplifting. I will try and update this blog later tonight. I hope you all have a great weekend and enjoy God's greatest gift... life... here on earth and then with him for eternity! That is the greatest gift. Hogan may live another 50 years or he may live another 5 minutes or 1 day. We all have this prognosis! If there is one thing I have learned from God through Hogan is to live every day like its your last and fight every battle with a focus on your "point" Jesus Christ!

We love you all.

Kip, Angie, Noah, Lily Rose and Hogan (God's little warrior!)

9 comments:

  1. Keeping your precious family in my prayers. I just watched the video. Absolutely beautiful. I have no words. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lived a similar journey, and my prayers are with you. Love to catch a glimse of how other families contend for faith in the midst of crisis. Hogan is a precious little guy; thanks for your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keeping your family in our prayers!
    Keep on fighting Hogan!
    Because HE LIVES,
    Charity for my family

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying you guys have peace. Hogan is a warrior and he is a blessing. God is a wonderful father and Kip you are too. Hogan is blessed to have you & Angie as his parents. I will continue praying for all of you.
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  5. Every night I pray that I will be able to read your blog in the evening and in the morning and it will say Hogan is still fighting. It brought tears to my eyes when I read that he was having a really tough time, but he wasn't in any pain. He is so prescious and so sweet, again I will pray for you and your family to have more time with the little warrior.
    Michaela

    ReplyDelete
  6. The video is amazing. Hogan challenges me to be better and work harder. He is so lucky to be loved so much by his family and you can see in his eyes that he knows it. Peace to you all. -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  7. My heart is with yall tonight. And it hurts so badly for yall. I am praying that I will see all three of you in the morning when I get to work. I know that Hogan has fought so well since coming into this world. I pray he has more fight in him, but I know he is getting tired. Hold that precious angel and cherish every second. Yall are wonderful parents and I know Hogan (as well as Noah and Lily) know this best. He feels your love and your comfort. God truly knew what he was doing when he picked yall for Hogan's earthly parents. See you in the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a mighty God we have!! He has used Hogan to touch so many of our lives and I know I look at life in a different light.He has been blessed to have Mom and Dad like you'll and I believe he knows the love that has surrounded him . God never have picked better parents and I know he has been a blessing to you'll. I pray he has a good night and my prayers will be with all of you. Hold him,love him,and give him a kiss for me. I have fallen in love with that little fellow. Always know how much I love all of you'll, only wish Omega could have been here to meet all your family Kip he would have loved them as he did you. Cling to Gods promises: He'll never leave us or forsake us, His grace is sufficent to meet all our needs, and all thing work together for good for those who love the Lord and are called according to His purpose. These promises have carried me for almost 7yrs. and they will carry you for a life time. May God bless each one of you. Love you, Lynette

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in awe of God's awesome love and grace! Your little warrior, Hogan, has strengthen my faith. His story has touched so many! God bless you and I am praying everyday for you and your family. I know you treasure every minute you have with your little angel from heaven.
    Sincerely,
    Melinda Fowler

    ReplyDelete