Kip, Angie, Noah and Lily

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Hogan is very tired tonight.....

Hogan "God's Warrior"

Now glory be to God! By his mighty power at work within us. he is able to accomplish infinitely more than we would ever dare to ask or hope. May he be given glory in the church and in Christ Jesus forever and ever through endless ages. Amen. Ephesians 3:20 NLT


Dear Hogan,

I am glad that you are sleeping tonight. You have had a rough weekend and hopefully you are resting up after fighting more battles today. I am sorry that you have had to battle so hard just to stay alive but I am thankful that you are still with us. I am really going to enjoy tonight with you in the NICU. I might just sit here and pray for you and for all of the people that have been so good to us through your journey. I am so happy that you are here.

Your night didn't get much better than your afternoon did yesterday and after waking up in the middle of the night with a fever of 101 the decision was made to take blood work from you to determine if you have an infection. The initial blood work results were elevated but not much. I am interested to see what the blood work shows tomorrow morning. We will also get your blood culture results back on Tuesday morning. I know you feel like going to battle everyday is just part of your world but it would be nice for you to be able to rest a little. God gave us a day of rest and I am glad that you are taking advantage of it this afternoon.

I also know you were wondering what that big "mobile crane" :-) coming into your room was this morning shortly after your breakfast. That was your x-ray machine. Dr. Morales wanted to take a picture of your chest to see if you might have pneumonia. I am very thankful that the x-ray results were negative for this! Dr. Morales did notice something else from your x-ray. He noticed that your heart is getting bigger. I know we have laughed together about your "large heart" but this is serious Hogan. Your little heart is having to work so hard that your heart muscle is growing. This sounds like it would be a good thing but it's not. Your heart is working too hard because its enlarged. I know it is hard for you to understand because you think that the more you love the people the bigger your heart gets. Well, this isn't quite the same thing Hogan. You have a big heart in more ways than just in the physical term. You have a huge heart by the way you fight to live. You have fought to beat the odds. You have loved everyone that has viewed your pictures or met you face to face. Hogan, you are my hero and you will always be my hero. You have changed my life and I pray that God will continue to give you strength so that you can change many others.

I loved being able to hold you on my chest without my shirt on this afternoon. I don't know who slept more!? Me or you!?!? I did this with your older brother when he was a baby and I wanted to do it with you too. I loved to feel your little heart beat on my chest. Thank you Hogan for letting me take a nap with you. I thank God for this afternoon. I will never forget the feeling of your little body on me.

Hogan, I can't even begin to tell you how many people are praying for you and sending words of encouragement to your mom and me. They are even following your updates on my facebook page now. I let people know on your blog this afternoon that I can give updates about you quicker and easier through facebook and all they have to do is ask me to be their friend. If they are reading your blog then they are for sure a friend of ours, right Hogan!? I love you buddy. They talk about how tough you are and how you inspire them. They tell me how good looking you are and that your "accessories" that you have to wear make you look even cuter. Although you only have one ear I know you hear me loud and clear when I tell you I love you. I know you hear me when I tell you that people are praying for you buddy. Get some rest tonight Hogan and maybe tomorrow night you will be ready to play games again. Everyone that has come into contact with you loves you Hogan. God has his hands on you and is using you Hogan. I am so glad that God chose me to be your father. I am going to be right here with you tonight if you need me. I pray that you have a good nights sleep and that you feel better in the morning.

I love you Hogan.

11 comments:

  1. Still here praying for you and wishing Hogan all the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My prayers are still for all of you. For you, Kip and Angie, to continue to be strong in Christ and for Hogan as he continues his fight. He is so sweet and yes, Kip, I have fallen in love with him. Hope you both rest tonight!
    Brenda Woodard (Dexter native)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read Psalm 121 aloud as you are waiting and praying for your precious baby Hogan. Another great song Right Here Waiting.. I think that is what its called if not its in fireproof and its about waiting.. Awesome song.
    You dont know me but I am a believer in prayers and miracles. I am praying for Gods supernatural intervention in this. If you can please put Hogan on FreeChapel in Gainesvilles prayers list..www.jentezenfranklin.org. God is doing something in that church. People are being healed totally, healed from terminal sicknesses it is amazing. My prayers are with you both and all your family in this fagile and serious time.
    There is a song called Healer you must go listen to it, its by Kari Jobe there is a great testimony about a family with a little girl terminaly ill and how they played the song in her room 24hrs aday by babies head the whole time while she was in hospital. In video you get to see what God did for this family and how this song touch the lives of everyone involved. God can use anything so that he gets the glory out of it. Amazing enjoy the song you will love it. Praying ToNIGHT Anne Petitt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for all of you right now. Hogan is such a fortunate little one to have such a loving family. Take care...all of you. Abbie Holbrook

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kip, thanks for these very meaningful and heartfelt posts of the pilgrimage of Hogan and the rest of your family. It is truly an inspiration to me and, I am sure, so many others. Our prayers continue for you during this time of great joy and great concern. May God continue to bless you as you continue to walk with Him and lean on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. still praying for your sweet baby! and have passed on the blog to many. Hogan is a special boy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kip, we've been at the beach with friends this past week. We had 2 high school girls with us. It was amazing that the first and last hing that everyone did each day was to check on Hogan. He is our hero and yall are touching people that you don't even know about. Keep up the blogs. We are all praying for you. Love Matt, Ashley, Macy, Jackson, Brannen, Matthew, Susan Grayton, Ila, Emily Gray, and Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kip, I have kept up with your blog and facebook updates since February. I am constantly checking for your updates and keeping all the Hutto's informed. I also sent your blog to everyone in our Sunday School class - there are a lot of people in Warner Robins & Perry praying for all of you. The pictures are so sweet and every time I look at them they bring tears to my eyes. Happy tears that Hogan had a live birth and that y'all are having this precious time with him. My boys, Peyton(11) & Payne (8) ask me every day about the updates on Hogan. We are all amazed at the strength that the Lord has given to all of you, especially Hogan. I love your updates, because then my prayers can be very specific. We also pray for Noah & Lilly and your extended family. (Your mom looks great, tell her I said Hello!) Enjoy every precious minute with your little miracle!! - Andrea, Jarrod, Peyton & Payne Sells

    ReplyDelete
  9. we found out about Hogan from our church, Bethany, I have been following this and Hogan is such a strong little man.I want you to know my family and I have been praying for him. God bless you and your wife.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Still praying for Hogan and your family.
    Love, The Fuhr Family

    ReplyDelete