Kip, Angie, Noah and Lily

Monday, April 12, 2010

Hogan's heroes

Angie and Hogan
Angie getting Hogan from Nurse Laura tonight for our 9pm holding time!
Handle with care!!


..."My gracious favor is all you need. My power works best in your weakness." So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may work through me. II Corinthians 12:9 NLT

Don't worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Philippians 4:6 NLT

Dear Hogan,

You are something special little guy! I can't believe how much you have slept over the past day and a half but you need to rest after your rough weekend. I am so thankful that we get to have another "guys night out" in the NICU tonight. Can you believe we will be celebrating your 11th day birthday in the morning!? Your mother and I thank God every day for allowing us to spend this time with you. We had prayed for 5 months for a live birth and now are overwhelmed with the blessing of your life.

Did you hear Dr. Morales talking about you today? He was telling your mom and I that you were going to have good days and bad days. I know the bad days scare you because they bother me too. Remember what we have always talked about though Hogan.... take every minute/hour/day at a time. Don't miss today by thinking about tomorrow. You have taught me these things Hogan. God has used your 3 pound body to teach me to trust in him and to not worry so much about the little things in life. You are teaching me so much. Remember last week when we thought today would be the day we could take you home from St. Mary's? We even got some of your equipment set up for you. Obviously, that didn't happen because of the tough time you had over the weekend. It will happen in God's timing though Hogan. We might have been forcing something that we wanted before it was supposed to happen. I know it doesn't make much sense to you because you are just trying to enjoy every breath but sometimes God doesn't always give us what we want when we want it. He may never give us what we think we should be able to have. I know it's a little confusing but just know that even though we didn't get take you home with us today doesn't mean that God doesn't love you. Just trust in Him! Let's focus on him and I will assure you we will make it through any storm together! We are just happy that you are still here. Like your brother Noah told me tonight when I went home to check on him. He was just glad I was there. Hogan, I am glad you are here.

We are thankful that you look better tonight than you did last night. Although you aren't breathing great, I can tell you are breathing better than last night. I pray it continues through the night for you buddy. I could tell you were tired and didn't feel good last night. You needed your rest. We are hoping for good results from your culture that was taken on Sunday morning. Thanks for continuing to fight Hogan. You are a true warrior. You are God's little warrior with the big heart!

I also wanted you to know that the reason your mom and I both slept in your room last night was because we were concerned about you. Do you remember having such a hard time breathing last night? It broke our hearts to watch you work so hard to catch your breath. We were so happy when we got up this morning and you were not having to work as hard to breathe. We thank God for giving you rest.

Hogan, can you believe that more and more people are praying for you?! I can tell that God is using your little body and it warms my heart. It is an awesome feeling to watch God work. I have gotten so much encouragement from the messages being sent to you. Hogan, you have young and old people praying for you. I told everyone that was reading your blog and praying for you to "friend" me on this thing called Facebook and now even more people are praying for you and I think you are finding strength through your prayer warriors. I think we should call them your heros! I think that everyone that loves you and prays for you is a hero to me and your mother. I know you feel the same way because I can see it in your eyes!

Hogan, I have no idea why God has blessed us with the blessing of being your parents. We don't deserve it but we are very thankful. You are the most amazing baby. Thank you for being you. I love your unique characterstics. I am so proud of you Hogan. Keep fighting!!

I love you.

You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in you, whose thoughts are fixed on you! Isaiah 26:3 NLT

7 comments:

  1. Each morning before I check my morning e-mail I come here to read your letter to Hogan and check in on him and see how his night was. Each morning I'm left in tears! There are so many ways you could have responded to this situation and you chose to praise Him through the storm. Your strength is amazing to so many. Hogan is an inspiration to so many and and example. God is teaching me so much through you guys. Thank you for being such an amazing testimony of God's grace and love to those around you!

    Hogan, we are praying for you little buddy! We love you and we are praying that God gives you strength and His peace!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our prayer today is for easy breathing & plenty of rest to build up strength. Hogan, you are an inspiration to all that read about your struggle. Your parents & siblings are an inspiration to those of us that read the blog & are praying for you all. May God bless you all in special ways today beyond anything we could hope to imagine or even think about. God's love & peace be on you...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good morning Hogan..

    My name is Madi and Im 8. I have been reading about you with my mom and she is typing for me. I wake up every morning and go straight to mommy's computer to find you. My mommy and daddy almost lost me when I was a baby too. I gave up a good fight and I hope you can continue to do the same. I hope I can be your friend one day and meet you and kiss your cute head. Please keep breathing good and I will pray for you again tonight. All my hugs...Madi McCabe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kip, Angie, Noah, Lily and my hero Hogan,
    First let me say good morning to each of you. I am so glad that everyone is doing well. I know that yall are so glad to have your parents to help out with Lily and Noah. I am here if you need me for anything.
    I continue to be amazing at how good Hogan is doing. Lesia and I talk about him everyday. I just feel that I need to share this with you. I have ALWAYS had a peace aobut Hogan and his survival. God is good and he told me to expect many miracles so I am not surprised at all when I check in. My girls ask daily, "How is Hogan today?" They have stopped asking if he is still alive. They are believers!!!!! They know that God is working in our life and in Hogan's life. I am so glad that God picked yall as Hogan's parents so that we can all watch his journey.
    Kip and Angie.....I continue to PRAY, BELIEVE AND EXPECT many more miracles.
    God is GOOD all the time.
    I love you all,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. My eight year old Maggie is now asking me all the time How is Baby Hogan. She is praying for you all too! We have to check facebook and your blog all throughout the day to see how he is doing.
    Keep Fighting Hogan!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You guys are constantly on our minds! Zae asked me this morning to check on Hogan before she went to school. She said she wanted to know what she needed to ask for Hogan when she said her prayer at lunch today! Your blessing is blessing so many...We will continue to lift you up daily!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My prayers are yours. I am in awe of the power of everyones' prayers for your little boy! What a deserving boy. May he continue to grow stronger!

    ReplyDelete