Kip, Angie, Noah and Lily

Friday, April 9, 2010

On a Mission.....

Hogan, my hero!

I love this picture.... happy mother and happy little boy.

Hogan is ready to get out of his isolette to let his mommy hold him tonight!
Hogan was ready for Angie to pick him up!!

Angie waiting to get her hands on the little man!


This I declare of the Lord; He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; he is my God and I am trusting him. Psalm 91:2 NLT

So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and in his good time he will honor you. Give all of your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you. 1 Peter 5:6,7 NLT

Dear Hogan,

I thought that you might have a rough day after your alarms went off a few times last night but today was a great day. You are one week old now!! Congratulations!!! I am so glad you are here. I can't believe that we are sitting here beside each other one week after your first night at the NICU. You have come a long way and been through a lot in your short time here on this earth. We were very happy you were so alert today! I can't wait to read you all of the messages that you got today from your friends all over the world. So many prayers are being lifted up for you Hogan. God continues to use your fragile body in such an amazing way. You are loved by so many people. I can't tell you how much it means to read all of the messages and words of encouragement we get every day. You have some amazing friends!

You would be pretty impressed with your "nurse in training" mom. I think her radiation therapist experience has helped her be so easy to teach. She is becoming quite the nurse. She is being taught how to take care of you by some of the most incredible nurses I have ever met! Your mom and I feel so blessed that they are working with us so diligently. They want us to feel very comfortable before we take you home next week! Yes, I know that is a few days away Hogan but I know you are a fighter. I know you can do it! I will not take anything for granted with you but I won't doubt you either. I will always be here for you Hogan. We aren't going anywhere.

Your mom and I were talking to a nurse friend of yours downstairs today at lunch in the cafeteria and we think that you might be a pretty crafty little boy! We think you are beginning to really show your personality. I think you have figured this place out! You always did flips when you were at Dr. Rosemonds office. Candace and Dr. Rosemond were always amazed by how you played tricks with them during a visit. You also started changing your blood flow in the few weeks before your birth which caused you to come to St. Mary's a little early and be monitored. It seems as though there is a pattern developing here Hogan. I actually think I saw you smile today when Dr. "V". walked in your room to see you for the first time since birth. Yes, this was the doctor that told us you had at a maximum five to seven days. I am beginning to think that you set your alarms off periodically just to get your nurse friends in here to check on you. Nurse Laura better watch out tonight! You are are pretty crafty. I think you are a pretty funny little guy.

Dr. "V"was impressed with your strength and your fight when he saw you today. He commented on how much better your breathing was today. He noticed that you weren't as stressed as you were the first day you were here at St. Mary's last friday. I think he was very impressed with your warrior qualities! He wants you to live Hogan! Dr. V. is a great doctor that knows that you have huge heart! Hogan, I think that he knows it and many people that have read your story know it too. You have a certain toughness but you also have a tender side too. Thank you so much for fighting Hogan. I think you are on a mission!

I also wanted to let you know that your mom got out of the hospital tonight for a few minutes. She has been with here with you for a week without leaving. I think it was very healthy for her to go home and see your brother and sister. They were so happy to see her too! Noah and Lily are praying for you. They are wanting you to come home to see them. Noah wants you to watch him build "tracks". Lily wants to see what you are eating! :-) Keep fighting little guy. I don't think your mission on this earth is over yet. I am so proud of you.

I love you.

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Hogan! So happy to see that you are doing well! You and your family continue to be in our thoughts and prayers - you are such an inspiration! God bless you all - Love, Meg, Phil & Charlie Carey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hogan I hope you continue to get stronger and show everybody what a fighter you are. Happy birthday Hogan! God has a purpose and a meaning for your life, He knew you before you were born when you were just a thought. But God Knew you. kip and Angie, you have my prayer and thoughts with you and for you and your precious family. take care. Kim Payne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Life really is about how you handle the tough times. Hogan got here in a battle & he has shown his "metal". God's grace & goodness has been poured out on him & he has taken hold of what has been offered him. May God bless you all as you prepare to go home next week. Ron & Sarah H.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hogan we love your spirit of fight! Everyone is so proud of you. We continue to pray throughout everyday that God continues to bless you. Kip and Angie we are praying that you continue to find strength. You all are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Hogan,

    Our family reads about you every morning..You have touched our hearts..We will continue to pray for you every night at dinner. We want to to know that there are so many people looking out for you. Stay strong soldier and Happy Birthday..Hogan you are our Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Praise Him all creatures here below! Praise Him above, ye heavenly host! Praise Father, Son, and Holy Ghost!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay for Hogan!!! You're looking good, little man! Praise God for this last week! We will be praying that Hogan gets to go home soon and that you and Angie find the strength and knowledge that will need to go along with that. Yes, God is using little Hogan, but he is also using you and Angie too!! Thanks for sharing your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday, Hogan!! What a big day for all of you! We look forward to reading your updates each day and seeing what progress you've made! Stay strong! We're praying for you!

    John and Ali Gilliam

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am amazed at how many people Hogan and his great parents are touching! I talked to a friend of mine today that works as a dietician at St. Mary's, and she brought Hogan up in our conversation! I told her that you guys were the people we'd been praying for in small group for months, she had just not put it together yet that the blog she reads daily is about the baby she's been praying for for so long! She said the blog is being passed around St. Marys employees who don't even work with Hogan and they are all being changed by him. It's such a privilege to know and love you guys! We're still praying and will be glad to help with anything y'all need. Love you all! Russ, Shelley, and Carleigh

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hogan is proving Dr. "V" wrong, and I'm sure the Dr. loves it! We are proud of him for making it past yet another milestone, and we pray that he makes it past many, many more milestones. Congratulations Hogan!

    ReplyDelete