Kip, Angie, Noah and Lily

Friday, April 16, 2010

"baby Hogan"

Teresa Vickery - Incredible Nurse, Incredible Photographer, and NILMDTS angel!
14 Day Birthday!!!
Noah loves his baby brother Hogan.
Handle with Care!
Thank you for all of the Auburn prayers.... thanks Wynne, Hogan loves the blanket!

For the Lord is good. His unfailing love continues forever, and his faithfulness continues to each generation. Psalm 100:5 NLT

Let them all praise the name of the Lord, for his name is very great; his glory towers over the earth and heaven! Psalm 148:13 NLT

Dear Hogan,

I am so glad that you are here. Happy 2 week birthday!!! I hope you liked all of the balloons that were flying above your isolette this morning when you woke up. Your mom and I enjoyed getting to share that moment with you.

I am sorry that those old heart problems started acting up again early this morning. I know your medicine made you a little sleepy but we wanted you to relax. You have been fighting so hard it was evident you needed some rest. Hogan, you are a true warrior. Thank you for letting us hold you so much today. I hope you enjoyed being out of your isolette more than normal. Did you see Noah's eyes when he saw you this morning!? Wow, Noah was so happy to see you. I am so thankful that Noah loves you so much. Did you like the blue race car that he brought you? I saw that he had a package with 2 race cars in it when he came into your room. It made me so proud when he told me that one of the cars was for "baby Hogan". He wanted you to have the blue car and Noah kept the red race car. That is the cool automobile that your "dog" has been checking out all day. I am starting to think that "dog" is wondering if you are going to take that race car and get out of this place sometime soon!!?!

Hogan, if you don't have a problem with it... then I think I am going to let your mom hang out with us tonight and join our "guys night" in the NICU. I know, I know.... no more peanuts, popcorn and making the alarms go off so that we can see which nurse is the fastest to get here. You did give "dog" your stop watch right?? Remember when you kept doing flips in Dr. Rosemond's office during your appointment? I wish you could have watched Ms. Candace's face when Dr. Rosemond sat down to check you out and you had flipped. You are quite the prankster! I have noticed that you have trouble picking out your favorite nurse to pick on every day and night. They are all fun and they all love you so much. I guess we will let your mom into our little "guys piece of Heaven on earth" in the NICU tonight.

Thank you for two wonderful weeks Hogan. We have laughed and cried together. I will never forget our times together and we will never lose the friendships we have made. Do you think you can go for three weeks!?!? How about we just focus on our point and see what happens? I am starting to even think like you Hogan! You are such a good influence on me. Thank you for being here another night. Let's take one minute/hour/day at a time. I look forward to writing another letter tomorrow night. I am going to put this computer down tonight and hold you for a while and tell you all of the things that people are saying about you. I am going to pray with you. I am going to let you know how many children just a few years older than you are loving you and praying for you every day. I am going to tell you about grandparents and parents and teenagers that are praying for you. I am going to tell you about all of different states and countries have people praying for you. God isn't in a box Hogan. God is amazing. He allowed a baby named Hogan who only weighs 3 pounds to come into this world and be an amazing disciple. Let's thank God for the journey that we have been on and for the people that we have met and brought along with us. Hogan, your journey is not over. Let's make some more memories!


I love you.

13 comments:

  1. Praying for Hogan and your family in Tampa, Florida.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still praying for you Hogan! Keep fighting little warrior! God has blessed us all by sharing you with us. I am co-chair of our March of Dimes committee and our Walk was tonight. I thought about you and my nephew all night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for Baby Hogan! God is good! Now, let's get that baby a Roll Tide blanket!! He'd look good in crimson red:-) Blessings and prayers from Tennessee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Slept with the laptop on the floor beside me so that I could check on Hogan. Prayers are flooding, I know, for this special little boy. Hope that he is resting. -Megan

    ReplyDelete
  6. We are praying for another day, and we're with you on God's will to be done. Hogan is an inspiration each day as we get up & look to see what's new on the blog. The AU blanket is at least SEC, so we'll just say that we have conference support & "Go Dawgs"! Thanks for sharing your journey in this special way with those of us that can't be there, but want to support Hogan in prayer. He is a life warrior & so are his Mom & Dad, brother & sister. You are a light in the darkness of this world. We ask God to continue giving the strength & determination to keep on this journey and may His blessings pour out on you beyond what you might think or imagine to ask for. Ron & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are so glad ya'll got to hold Hogan so much today! I know he loved it as much as you did. I bet Angie enjoyed being included in the guy's night out! Thank you so much again for sharing Hogan's journey with us, and I hope it continues to be a great one. We pray for ya'll constantly, and are honored to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Birthday little one! You are such a fighter and warrior. You are such an inspiration. Jesus gave a precious gift to the world the day you were born!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow your dad is right Hogan, you are a tiny disciple!! And a child shall led them... I am thinking you have made some tears come from some hearts that have not been that soft in quite a while!! People who do not even know your family! What a work you are doing with your tiny life!

    Your parents are awesome and your brother and sister are beautiful like you! May God continue to hold you little one,in the palm of His hand!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your family is in our thoughts and prayers daily! We know God is holding Hogan. He is the sweetest little disciple I have ever seen. Love the AU blanket, War Eagle. May God continue to send you blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a little fighter! Thoughts & prayers from AL. War Eagle Hogan!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hogan, you're big brothers and sisters all the way in York, England are praying for you! Keep fighting, little angel!

    ReplyDelete