Kip, Angie, Noah and Lily

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Hogan, you are an amazing warrior!

Hogan Sayer Dominy

...we are perplexed, but we don't give up and quit...we get knocked down but we get back up and keep going. Through suffering, these bodies of ours constantly share in the death of Jesus so that the life of Jesus may also be seen in our bodies. Yes, we live under constant danger of death because we serve Jesus, so that the life of Jesus will be obvious in our dying bodies. So we live in the face of death but it has resulted in eternal life for you. II Corinthians 4:8-12

Dear Hogan,

I am enjoying being with you again tonight in the NICU. I know it's a little different because your mom and I have been holding you all day. We even let your dog, "dog" out to hang out with us today. I am pretty sure that you have liked being in our arms because you have thought about leaving this world a few times but you keep coming back.

Hogan, you are such a blessing to so many people. You are an amazing little warrior that has fought to be with us and accomplish your purpose here on this earth. We are so thankful that God has given us this time to be with you. Your mom mentioned earlier to me today that she wished so badly that she could have held you in her arms like she did with Noah and Lily. Guess what!? You are letting her hold you like that tonight. She is letting you lay on her chest while she sleeps. I am so proud of you Hogan. You dropped your stats all day long and always came fighting back again and again. I think that you might be up to your tricks again. Nurse Lisa was running back and forth all day for you. I know you love her! You get to play tricks again with Nurse Laura tonight! Also, your grandparents, aunts and uncles were called to come to the hospital at noon because it didn't look like you would be here much longer. They stayed with us all afternoon and watched you almost leave a few times and have now all gone home to rest. I was glad they all got to kiss you and tell you how much you were loved by them.

I don't want you to be afraid Hogan. Once you leave this earth, your little body will not have all of those accessories that you have now. I know, I know, you like them and you think that is normal. It's not normal buddy! You will have a perfect body one day! Once you leave this earth you will go and be with Jesus in Heaven. It will be a happy time for you. I am sure you will have many buddies there!

I wanted you to know that people are being so good to us. They are sending messages, prayers and love your way Hogan! I hope you heard me this afternoon when I was telling you about all of those amazing people that love you.

We have hugged and kissed on you all day long. I know you are tired from fighting. I know you are probably tired of us telling you how much we love you! I want you to rest tonight buddy. I know you are probably worried about the people that you might leave behind if you choose to go be with Jesus but I want you to know that I am so proud of you. I want you to be here tomorrow night for me but I want what is best for you Hogan. Your mother and I will miss you more than you will ever know if you decide to leave but we will see you soon when we meet again in Heaven. You have done so much in your 15 days, soon to be 16 days! God is so mighty. You have let God use your little body to do more good than I thought was ever possible. Hogan, you are my hero. I love you with all of my heart.

I will write you another letter tomorrow night but right now I am about snuggle up beside you and your mom. I am so thankful for you.

I love you.

14 comments:

  1. I hope tonight is a sweet sweet sweet night for you three. Thank you Hogan for reminding us all of how precious every second is...
    We love you, sweet angel!!
    Lara

    ReplyDelete
  2. God bless you all. I pray you will feel His arms around you tonight, as your arms are around sweet Hogan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying and sending love and peace your way Dominy family.
    matt and megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for allowing us to be a part of this journey. You have no idea how many lives you have touched, Hogan! Continuing to pray for peace during this incredibly difficult time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of you all tonight....Hogan is on my heart...in my heart....precious boy, I love you. Listen to the wise words of your father and mother....do not be afraid, Jesus is with you, little one....even to the end of the age!!

    A girl you don't know...who is thinking of you tonight....from FL,
    I'll get to meet you one day Hogan!!

    ~ Jean Marie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I couldn't help but check the site after a late night feeding of my own baby. We have been praying all afternoon since we heard Hogan had had a hard day. He has his precious eyes on the prize of Jesus. I hope that all of you enjoy your night sleeping together. A baby loves no other place more than right between his parents. Love, Laura

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a precious little angel you are Hogan! Praying for His presence to surround you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You don't know me but I stumbled upon your wonderful blog and wanted to say that I come in each day to check up on sweet Hogan. What a darling little boy he is and such a fighter too!

    With love from someone who understands and has walked the road you are walking now xoxo

    kissesfromanangel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thankyou for sharing your journey with us.
    What a beautiful gift from God your little fighter Hogan is. He is just beautiful. I love his gorgeous expressive eyes.
    I am praying for peace for your hearts and beautiful kisses and cuddles with your precious boy. I know that Hogan knows he is immensely loved by his mummy, daddy and his family.
    I will never forget this blog.. Beautiful Hogan and the awesome and hugely encouraging faith his parents have in our Lord.
    God loves Hogan so much more than we can fathom. May he bless your family with peace and love. Praying for you all.
    Sarah, Sydney.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't know what the night & morning has brought you all, but I'm praying that God is holding you close & you can feel the comfort of His love. May God give you strength & pour out His blessings on you all. Ron & Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad ya'll got to snuggle with Hogan last night. We're praying for ya'll.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good job faithful one. Here such a short while but you taught much to many. God bless you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful journey! Thank you so much for being an inspiration to all!! Hogan has touched more lives than most people touch in a lifetime. We are praying for your family. God Bless you and your family!!
    Love,
    Sid, Melissa, and Hunter Bedenbaugh
    Steve and Jean Cannon

    ReplyDelete
  14. It is in His love that peace surpasses all understanding, and my prayer is for this peace to rest on your family today. I am so thankful that Hogan got to be a part of my life. Just as he was on earth he is God's warrior now in heaven. He will grow and mature and God will complete perfection in him. When you see him again one day he will be a mighty warrior. How blessed you both are to have a part of heaven that was here for a brief time. Hogan gave us a climpse of the Father's love and Grace from our Savior through whom all things are perfected. Hogan helped to perfect my heart! God chose the two of you to as instruments of how his love and love for one another changes us, the second greatest command from our Savior, Jesus Christ, may His spirit always rest on your family.

    ReplyDelete